Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sasha and Malia

I know I'm coming in late on this, but I gather that the right-wing blogosphere has been going bananas because President Barack Obama took his daughters out for ice cream while demonstrators in Iran were fighting for democracy. Indeed! As a matter of fact, I think that Sasha and Malia should be denied treats of any sort until the current Iranian regime is overthrown. And why stop there? I will bet those girls are allowed to watch television while censorship reigns in China, to play Monopoly while the financial crisis is ruining our families, and to live in a nice big White House while some folks are homeless in the streets. Does Obama have no shame?

And please be assured that I am no hypocrite. I have just grounded my own teenage daughter and put her on a bread and water diet until Tibet is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment